Well 12/31/13 has finally come!! Yay baby Ryker will be here today!!! Up early to get to the hospital for a 7:00 am delivery!
McKenna wanted to be there she let us know when we found out pregnant that she wanted to be there with Zy delivery! She didn't tell us this or we would have let her.
She also is the one that named baby Ryker!! No one like my names so she said Ryker and we all liked the name! I think it flows with the other children's names.
We made it to hospital in plenty of time. We used a different hospital only so I could get my tubes tied at the same time or really after c-section. They got me all ready for delivery with some yellow ugly socks!
Let me back up the day before when we went to pre-opt at hospital they told me no deodorant, no lotion, no make-up and no finger nail polish! Any of this may cause a fire with something in room. Jeff and I were like what!!! Well I ended up painting my toes and putting a little make up on. Well after delivery and nurse cleaning me up I noticed her Tami Faye make up and thought really what about there make up! Glad I painted my toes pretty red!!!
I was so nervous since I was at a hospital I didn't know. I was used to the pink hospital but I kept telling myself it will be over before I know it. I also didn't know how long the tube tying would take and I would want to get to baby! I did a lot of talking to God!
This was first delivery for my Dr at this hospital he had just got approved early Dec a blessing. Or I would be having another surgery at 6 weeks after baby.
He was late drove passed the hospital then his card wouldn't let him in.
Jeff tried his hardest to get McKenna in the delivery room but only one person in delivery room. If we were at the pink hospital I am sure Dr could have got her back there. So we got her settled in and the plan of where she would meet Jeff after baby born.
They rolled me back to room seemed like forever I was praying like crazy! I just wanted to cry I was so nervous. The oxygen mask was about to suffocate me and the smell of plastic I just couldn't handle. I didn't know what to do I finally said I can't handle this thing on! The nurse asked someone if I could wear around by my chin! Praise God he said yes because I don't know what I would have done! I was shaking uncontrollable and felt like they where taking forever!
Spinal block going in the numbing started my delivery nurse was awesome!
Finally hands tied down big curtain up and they Jeff came in.
Still so nerves which I was not with the last two boys! I just wanted it over so bad I think the tube tying was really what got me.
Listening to my dr talk to who ever was helping him. They cut I could feel the tugging of getting baby boy out! Then I hear the cry of my newborn baby boy.
Being at this hospital no pictures and Jeff couldn't go over to where they where cleaning baby like usual.
The hardest part having c-section is they take baby clean up and the bring you baby to see. Listening to him cry just made me want to cry! I just wanted to see him and hold him!
Finally they brought him over he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen! Not saying my other baby's weren't but there was something about him. They took him out to nursery to get weighed and all the other stuff they do.
My sweet nurse peeked around to tell me how much he weighed! She must have gone and found out for me. I wanted to know so bad and I was shocked! Must been all the sugar I ate the last three weeks.
So in the room by myself with Dr and nurses getting the tubes tied! I laid there listing to Dr and nurses talk. Praying they where doing everything correctly and it would be over soon! I just wanted to go see my baby!
Oh course Dr N had to make some funny comments!
Well they where finally done and they moved me to recovery room with my sweet nurse!
So I layed eating ice chips and visiting with my nurse and enjoy a little quite time to myself. So weird not being able to feel legs and I really hated those yellow socks! They put the blood pressure boots on which hours later realize they hadn't turned on!
Then arrived Jeff and McKenna showing me pictures of the baby!! Then someone called nurse and said baby was ready. So we could to have baby in recovery room with us.
I got to see him he so cute!! He looked alittle like Kenna when she was born!
Jeff and McKenna took turns holding him. I just watched in aw.
Once I was approved on to room baby moved with us!
We made it to room and started to relax and enjoy baby!
My boys and parents where on there way to meet baby Ryker!
They arrived and Zy wouldn't have anything to do with me! He didn't know what to think about me being in that bed!
It upset him that I was in bed.
He first didn't know what to think about baby but then he was excited! Brice loved on baby he was not happy about another boy! But he told me he was ok with it now!
My parents loved on baby boy then they where off because you know with Zy can't stay long!
McKenna stayed with us the whole day holding baby! She is in love with baby Ryker!
And the itching had started the room got hot!! I asked nurse if I could take boot cuffs off or socks she said no! Later on that is when I realized boot cuffs where suppose to come on! I asked nurse later vas she said yes they are to come on are they not? No I said so she turned them on for awhile! Then I got to take them off and see my pretty red toes!
While looking at Kenna I noticed a thermostat it was 80 degrees!! So I am really not crazy Kenna was hot too! We turned that sucker down.
Kenna went home that evening. Left just Jeff, baby and I!
The perks about a spinal is meds stay on you off about 20 hours so you feel good! But you can easily over do it! Which I did a little getting myself in and out of bed when I could.
One of the most thing I dreaded was going to bathroom after catherder was removed. But answered prayers I had a nurse on that time shift who didn't bother me about time schedule to go. She said she didn't believe in and only stressed out patient. Amen to that so this made easier for me.
Jeff got us dinner we called it a night! Sent baby to nursery for the night. We where asleep when new year was being rung in!!
Happy New Year! We have our last baby here happy and healthy!
Thank you Jesus!


No comments:
Post a Comment